Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the 5th day God made the birds to GLIDE ACROSS THE SKY!!

So let me tell you about my morning yesterday!!! Carleigh's time to be at preschool is 9 am. I told the teachers I just can't do that, so I made my new time of arriving at her school 9:15. Because it's just a preschool, they really don't care, but at least I'm consistent on the 9:15 time. They were having a Grandparent's Tea yesterday, beginning time: 9am. I was bound and determined to make it there on time, because I didn't want grandparents waiting on little Miss Carleigh. I felt I was doing good on my schedule, getting myself and Carleigh ready for the day. I was getting Carleigh's clothes out and I heard an AWFUL, LOUD NOISE! It continued...I knew the weather got a little colder over the night and it had been windy, but I didn't remember anything about sleet in a weather report. It sounded like really loud sleet, hail, or something like that. Did I say that it was loud?? It caught me off guard and really scared me. I made my way out of Carleigh's room and look out the open window across the living room. It looked clear outside. I was confused....I still heard the noises and realized that the sound was coming from my right. I turned into my kitchen and looked up. That's when I saw it...it was huge...right on top of my skylight, but wait, there was like 4 more of them!!! Yes, it twas... a BIG BLACK BIRD right smack in the middle of the skylight!!! Maybe big isn't right... HUGE!! It totally scared the heebie jeebies out of me!!! I was able to do what you're suppose to do in this sort of crisis situation, grab your cell phone and take a quick picture, run out of the kitchen because you know they are trying to make it in through your skylight to come in and peck your eyes out or something. Okay... maybe not that extreme, but the thought did cross my mind. I remember when I was little I wanted to see a scary movie, I was probably like 10. My mom said, "Oh I have a scary movie for you, it scared me when I saw it, it was "The Birds." So I watched this "scary" movie and thought how lame! It didn't scare me at all when I was younger, but it's funny how now when things like this happen I can now be scared because of this movie. Haha, thanks Mom! Seriously though, if you would have heard the constant pecking and clawing to my skylight, which I'm sure is just hard plastic, I just knew they were going to be swooping their way in any moment. I'm including the only picture that I could get, and the black thing is just the head of one. They were huge!!! Thankfully they didn't make their way in. So long story longer...I didn't make it to Carleigh's school till 9:10. Grandparents weren't totally shocked that I was late, but teachers were surprised that I made it 5 minutes early. HAHAHA!!!

No comments: