Monday, November 17, 2008

Prego Update

I had my doctor check-up today and all is going great! I have gained 4 lbs in the last month. That's really good for me since I'm the one that tends to gain double that in one month!! I'm measuring 27 centimeters, so 1 cm larger then I'm suppose to be, but I have always measured larger!! Doc didn't seem to mind! I did the glucose test today! So yummy orange drink for me! I'm thankful it's never bothered me to drink that! It taste like a Sunkist that's gone a little flat. Luckily for me, I like Sunkist and I'm majorly craving it during this pregnancy! Which brings me to another thought... I really hope my love for Sunkist and Welches Grape Soda didn't have any effect on my glucose screening. They each have 53 grams of sugar in each can!! So yesterday I refrained from having one! This morning I decided to eat a couple of bowls of oatmeal instead of my 3 bowls of frosted flakes! I was pretty proud of myself! The baby is moving like crazy, haha, probably from all the sugar intake! Caleb was just watching my stomach yesterday in awe and he said, "Mama, that's so weird." I think he was pretty amazed by it! I have to also brag about my doctor for a minute!! He is so amazing and you can just see the love of Christ in him! He is a wonderful man, and I'm so fortunate to have a doctor with my same beliefs! Normally people don't like to wait to see their doctor, but for me it can be a treat! If we're waiting to see him, it's usually because he is delivering a baby! You can see his love and passion for what he does. After he delivers a baby he comes back so energized and even more excited about life then before!! Shouldn't we always be this excited about life??? God gives us this one life to live, why not be happy during it? I definitely have a lot to be happy for!! I'm so thankful for a gracious God who loves me unconditionally, this healthy pregnancy, my 2 healthy adorable children, an amazing husband, my loving supportive family, and a wonderful doctor who isn't just about making money, but who is genuinely interested in my life, health, and my baby! Thank you Dr. Marc Wilson for your awesomeness!!!

2 comments:

Constance said...

Each day I stop by here, I see the baby ticker and the days counting down! I am glad everyhting is going smoothly! February will be here before you know it! Both of Jennifer's girls were born in Feb and between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the days seemed to fly by!
Hugs,
Connie

Jenn said...

It's January that seems to take awhile (Haha)! I'm also jealous of your widget, I wish I only had 13 weeks to go...oh well, June will be here before I know it! It was great to see you at the wedding, your husband seems really sweet and I am enjoying keeping up with your blog and seeing your adorable kiddos!