Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gotta love these kiddos!


Carleigh is going to be a great little mommy to this new baby. It really makes me smile to watch her with her baby dolls. She carefully supports the head as she brings the baby to her chest, and gently pats the baby's back while saying, "Shhh, it's okay baby." I never tried to encourage tv watching, but do allow the kids to watch some cartoons to allow the chance to get supper started, etc. Carleigh never watches tv though, never really seemed interested in any show. I have noticed that she is glued to the tv with a couple of shows though, Baby Diaries, Baby Story, Bringing home baby... are we seeing a trend? Well, I saw her doing something today, that she must have gotten from one of these shows. She repeatedly readjust the baby onto her chest, you know when the baby starts slipping, or wiggles a little bit, and you have pick the baby back up and re-lay the baby on your chest? That's what she does, but not every once in awhile, but over and over again! I love it! I just probably won't be able to leave Carleigh in the same room with the new baby without adult supervision.

I went to Caleb's school to eat lunch with him today! I loved how his face lit up when he saw me, wait...was it him seeing me or the McDonalds in my hand??? I may need to reevaluate that. I knew I was going to eat lunch with him one time this year, but wasn't really in a rush, until Caleb asked me to come see him for lunch. It made me feel so special. I know I need to take advantage of it now to come see him, especially in front of his buddies, because I'm sure things will change in the years to come. They had a couple of tables reserved for kids and their parents in the cafeteria, so I was excited to actually have that lunch time with my boy-just the two of us!

Carleigh just had her 2nd birthday party this last weekend! This came way too fast!! Really? 2?? Of course she showed no personality at her party, but once everyone left she let loose and we couldn't get her to stop talking! It was a fun day! Here are some pictures from her party!
My Caleb

Krystal & Carleigh

Dad, Aunt Robin, My Nana, Jared, his adorable Klaire, Beau
Lori, Dustin, Tarynn, & BJ

Heather, Brandon (Kristen's BF), Russ, & Kristen
Me & Heather and our pregnant bellies!
Beau & Blake
Caleb so excited about the bowling set Aunt Rita got Carleigh!

Sooooo....I went to Walmart today! By myself and loved it! Not to go get groceries, yes I needed to pick up a couple things, but it was more of me spending forever there just going down all aisles and looking at everything! It was so nice! I walked into the Christmas section and I have never really felt in to big of a rush to enter the Christmas season, but I am soooo ready this year! Maybe it's the pregnancy... I do just love this time of year! The smell of pumpkin, or cinnamin, they are both fabulous! The colder weather, apple cider, scarves & hats, homemade cookies.. just a few of my favorite things!

3 comments:

The McCoys said...

Looks like the party was a lot of fun! I CANNOT believe they are turning 2!!! Makes me so sad...really, where has the time gone?

Oh and I totally understand the "getting really excited to go to Wal-Mart...ALL BY YOURSELF!" I had an entire weekend all alone...bliss! For the first 12-18 hours, but I woke up and it was WAY too quiet Sunday morning! I was really missing my boys by the time they got home!

Hope all is well! Love the birthday pics of the kids...and your cute prego belly! :)

Constance said...

Has it been 2 years since I visited you in the hospital, right after she was born? WOW! You've got such a sweet family! Are you planning on finding out what this one is?

Some little girls are more maternal at this age than others. It reminds me of Jessica when she was 18 months old and got her first baby doll for Christmas. I couldn't find her and when I did, she was dunking it up and down in the toilet!! I don't know if that was her idea of bathing a baby or what!? She sure didn't get that from me! Fortunately for Jelly bean, she learned the right way to actually bathe a baby!!!

Hugs,
Connie

Unknown said...

She's just a natural little mommy! So precious Chels, really! And about Caleb being in school.... WHAT?!?!!? We do need a date!