Sunday, December 21, 2008

Angels we have heard on High!!

I'm not doing too well on this blogging everyday thing, am I?? With class parties and baking this last week, it's been sorta crazy! The saddest part for me is that I haven't been able to read other peoples blogs, which is my favorite thing to do!! So today, I thought I would combine some ornaments and decor to play a little bit of catch up! Anyone who knows me, knows my love for angels! When mom let us go pick out an ornament, I fell in love with this angel ornament, the clay type. Something about those clay ornaments, I love! They are so unique to me! So I have ended up with a bunch of these on my tree!
I found this cookie jar one year after Christmas, during the big sales! I thought I would get it ahead of time to give to someone for Christmas the following year, but of course when the next Christmas came around, I loved it too much. What's on it?? A clay Angel! I just wish I could change the Happy Holidays to Merry Christmas! That's all I have to say about that!My first Christmas as a Mama!! My mother-n-law gave this to me! I love it! The star that floats behind it says, "Angels are mommies with wings." With the way I took the picture you can't see the wings on the mommy, but they are there! I always think of how special that first Christmas with Caleb was, watching him open up his first set of Christmas gifts! So this holds a lot of memories for me! Thank you Lori!Another Angel ornament that I love!! I believe Beau and I were together for our second Christmas during our dating years. We were having our Christmas with his parents, and remember I'm just the girlfriend. So I felt extremely special when Lori pulled out gifts from under the tree from Beau's grandma Ruthie, and there was a gift for me!! Lil' ol' Me!! I don't know if she knew my love for angels, or she just happened to get it right, but this was definitely special to me. It still is!! I felt so loved! I just love the memories that can flash when you pull one item out of your Christmas boxes!

2 comments:

Constance said...

I agree, an angel should be SHOUTING "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and NOT
implying "happy holidays". What were they thinking? I can understand why you treasure the gift from G'ma Ruthie. Sometimes the sweetest and dearest gifts are the unexpected ones!
Merry Christmas!
Connie

BTW, you're pretty wonderful yourself! I am glad that Jessica holds you close to her heart!

Unknown said...

awwwwww! I love your Christmas decor. Hope the Ellis fam had a great Christmas!